Labels are an important aspect of product packaging and marketing. They provide information about the product and its manufacturer, as well as serving as a marketing tool. But have you ever wondered about the adhesive that holds the label in place? This is the secret behind the stickiness of labels. In this blog, we will take a closer look at label adhesive and how it works.
Types of Label Adhesives
Label adhesives come in various types and each type has its own unique characteristics. Some of the most common types of label adhesives include:
- Permanent Adhesive: As the name suggests, permanent adhesive is a type of adhesive that creates a long-lasting bond. It is often used for labels that need to stay in place for a long time, such as product labels, warning labels, and identification labels.
- Removable Adhesive: Removable adhesive is a type of adhesive that can be easily removed without leaving any residue. It is often used for labels that need to be temporary, such as promotional labels, product labels, and price labels.
- Freezer Adhesive: Freezer adhesive is a type of adhesive that can withstand extreme cold temperatures, making it ideal for labels used in the food industry, such as frozen food labels.
- High-Tack Adhesive: High-tack adhesive is a type of adhesive that creates a strong bond, making it ideal for labels used on rough or irregular surfaces.
Factors that Affect Label Adhesive
There are several factors that can affect the stickiness of label adhesive, including:
- Surface: The surface of the product can affect the stickiness of the adhesive. Some surfaces, such as plastic, are non-porous and may require a stronger adhesive, while other surfaces, such as paper, are porous and may require a weaker adhesive.
- Temperature: Extreme temperatures, both hot and cold, can affect the stickiness of the adhesive. This is why it is important to use the right type of adhesive for the right environment.
- Humidity: Humidity can also affect the stickiness of the adhesive. High humidity can cause the adhesive to lose its stickiness, while low humidity can cause the adhesive to become brittle.
- Exposure to Chemicals: Exposure to certain chemicals can cause the adhesive to break down and lose its stickiness. This is why it is important to use the right type of adhesive for the right environment.
We can help you choose the Right Label Adhesive here at AztecLabels.com
When choosing the right label adhesive, it is important to consider the following factors:
- Purpose: What is the label being used for and what is its intended purpose? This will help determine the type of adhesive that is required.
- Surface: What type of surface will the label be applied to? This will help determine the type of adhesive that is required.
- Environment: What type of environment will the label be exposed to? This will help determine the type of adhesive that is required.
In conclusion, label adhesive is an essential component of labels and plays a crucial role in determining the stickiness of the label. By understanding the different types of label adhesives and the factors that affect their stickiness, you can choose the right label adhesive for your needs and ensure that your labels stay in place.